About Me

My photo
Life is the journey to discover yourself.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

This Moment


I am at the Denver airport, all by myself, to catch a flight to Austin, Texas. My heart is skipping in joy. I am feeling excited and sexy. I don't know what it is about being free that makes me so happy. I have no idea what is in store for me. But I am not scared to face it. I like change.
Life is amazing! I am about to go meet a new baby, "Priyasha", my sweet little niece. It remains an eternal puzzle to me, how babies are born. Don't get me wrong. I am not that naive. I am a mother of two. At some level I do understand it and what it entails. But I don't understand how exactly new lives are created, how destiny is made.
There is a cute young girl sitting across from me. She is reading a book and turning to her mother from time to time with her curious child-like questions. Those beautiful eyes and her face are brightening up at times as she is reading. At other times, she is getting engrossed in deep thoughts. The deep dark lashes are shadowing the wonder that is filling up her eyes. Her shapely eyebrows are being raised. She is chewing a gum and looking really cool.
I wonder what is going on inside that cute little brain. The colorful imagination that she has, is most probably as beautiful and innocent as her face. At the moment, I am debating if she was more beautiful than my daughter. Then she smiles, displaying a set of small white pearly teeth. She's gotta be the cutest thing ever. But can she be cuter than little "Priyasha", the new born.
I can only imagine her beauty . Her cute hands and tiny fingers would instinctively curl around the big fat finger I present. The beauty of dependence is ineffable. I visualized her heavenly visage, when she is sleeping, an ocean of peace and happiness. We can only but get lost in the depths and feel close to the divine Creator.
Life is magical and exciting , complete only with it's special element of surprise. Through these magical experiences, I am learning and unlearning, so much, everyday. I am playing this crazy, hilarious game that I can play over and over again and never be quite bored. I feel like a little girl, myself, with no past or future. I am what I am right NOW.

No comments: